Senior System Engineer
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, NetherlandsSysadmin
Do you call yourself a Linux geek and do you live and die in the terminal? Do you have a hacker mindset? We have the perfect role for you: Senior System Engineer at Realworks.
As a system engineer at Realworks in Amsterdam, you are responsible for our IT landscape such as servers, databases, virtualization, microservices, and network connections. Our application is available 24/7 and has around 20,000 users. Our systems are constantly observed by our monitoring stack. Your proactive approach and hacking mentality are required for the availability, stability, and innovation of our IT infrastructure! You will contribute to the improvement of our security policy, and there is plenty of room for your initiative and skill improvement.
You'll lead the way in migrating our data center and keeping our data safe. You'll also upgrade our network setup. Challenges like making our data center more reliable, fixing email problems, and updating our software will be on your radar. And you'll make sure everything stays current and runs smoothly.
In this role, you will work:
In a young international, agile, and self-managing team;
With technologies like Puppet, Ansible, Grafana, ELK, Kubernetes & GitOps;
In a Debian Linux environment;
On simple to complex incidents and changes. We are responsible for our entire IT infrastructure and web hosting for our customers (real estate agents);
with large file storage and big servers;
Together with other teams to solve IT-related problems.
The Sysadmin team consists of 8 colleagues and together we are responsible for the infrastructure and web hosting of Realworks. Currently, we are hosting 3000 websites for our consumers. Our team collaborates with other development teams such as team Tech to discuss and implement new technologies.
You have a bachelor’s degree;
Strong knowledge of Linux (Preferably Debian);
Experience with Puppet or Ansible;
Experience with Kubernetes or Docker;
A self-driven person who can identify, analyze, and resolve complex problems;
Familiar with high availability solutions, DNS, TCP/IP, HTTP, and NFS and firewalling;
Scripting skills with Bash/Python;
Experience with virtualization/hypervisors, web services, and proxies;
Experience with MySQL/MariaDB databases is a nice to have;
You are independent, curious, and are willing to learn new technologies;
Experience with configuring mail servers and spam/virus scanning.
What we offer:
At Realworks we offer a lot of space for your own initiatives and personal development. We are located in a nice office in the city centre of Amsterdam, easy to reach by public transportation and car. Together with 100+ colleagues, we work in small teams, which gives you a lot of responsibility.
When you apply and join us, we offer you:
- Balance and Bliss: Achieve work-life harmony and well-being;
- Global Vibes: Embrace an international, energetic, and flexible work environment;
- Relocation Support (when applicable): We'll assist you in making Amsterdam (or any other city nearby) your new home;
- Central and Cool Workspace: Enjoy the best of both worlds with our cool, centrally located office with easy accessibility, making your daily commute a breeze;
- Fuel for Success: Indulge in healthy lunches when working on-site;
- Flexible Work: Embrace hybrid work and travel allowances;
- Dutch Courses: Learn the language and dive into the local culture;
- Fun-filled Meetups: Engage in quarterly events with activities and drinks;
- Empowered Impact: Make a difference and bring your ideas to the self-managed teams;
- Ongoing Growth: Fuel your professional development with Realworks' annual learning and development budget;
- 25 Days Holiday: Relax, recharge, and spend quality time with loved ones with 25 days of annual leave;
- Pension Plan: Secure your future with our retirement savings support;
- Equipment: Excel in your role with company-provided laptop (MacBook or Windows) and essential tools.
How does our process look like?
1. Apply: Click the application button to begin;
2. Phone Screening: Impress us in a captivating telephone call;
3. First Interview: Showcase your talents and fit within the team;
4. Technical Test: Rise to the challenge and display your expertise;
5. Second Interview: Dive deeper into your compatibility with us;
6. Offer: Congratulations! You're one step closer to become a Realworker.
Contact our recruiter Faezeh Davari via email@example.com